TOTAL COMPUTER SOLUTIONS, INC.

News


Here's The Latest Scam:

https://www.onlinethreatalerts.com/article/2017/2/14/beware-of-1-410-200-500-it-is-being-used-by-cybercrimininals/

Apparently, it's no longer enough to merely try to jack up your computers, these jokers also have to come after your phones too.  If you get any texts or calls that match the description in this article, ignore them.
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
Ransomware Threats On The Uptick
A brief Google search (the picture to the left is page 2 of my search) is all that's needed to reveal the threat posed by Ransomware.  While viruses have been around since the first computer, for those affected, Ransomware has fulfilled the doomsday predictions of many of the worst scares since the inception of personal computing.

According to Tech Republic, Ransomware accounts for approximately 39% of all data breaches (statistics by Verizon).  Accounting for the remaining 61% of data breaches isn't that simple, as the distribution of those attacks is less concise.  This means that Ransomware represents the largest single outside threat to data, for both businesses and the consumers who patronize them.  In the U.S. alone, data breaches -- of which ransomware accounts for 2/5 -- cost businesses an average of $7 million per incident. 

Ransomware isn't just affecting the private sector either; less than a month ago at the time of this writing, the city of Atlanta was struck by Ransomware, leaving the city's utilities and bureaucracies with only paper and pen to fulfill their many functions.  Tally up the countless man-hours needed to enter all of that data into the system, and Ransomware pirates are racking up quite the tab at the Atlanta-area taxpayers' expense, $2.6 million according to the most recent figures.

We at Total Computer Solutions, Inc. do not care for the idea of losing our data, or forking over wads of cryptocurrency to some faceless cyberpirate.  To protect ourselves, we’ve partnered with the industry leader in Ransomware prevention, Sophos.  Sophos was one of the first antimalware companies to offer proactive Ransomware protection. Sophos monitors your network and computers for any activity that matches the signatures of Ransomware infections, and at the first sign of such activity, it stops the activity and rolls back any encrypted files.

Please contact us now to create a custom Sophos Endpoint package to help protect your business or home.
Comment Form is loading comments...